ICC World Cup 2023 warm-up matches: The ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023 is just a few days away, and the excitement is building up among the fans and the players. The 10 participating teams will get a chance to test their skills and strategies in the warm-up matches, which will be held from September 29 to October 3 across three venues in India. These matches will serve as a preview of the tournament, allowing the teams to acclimatize to the conditions and fine-tune their preparations.
In this article, we will provide you with the complete schedule of the warm-up matches, as well as the details of how to watch them live on TV and online. We will also give you some insights into the teams’ strengths and weaknesses, and what to expect from these matches. Whether you are a die-hard cricket fan or a casual viewer, you will find this article useful and informative.
Warm-up matches schedule
The warm-up matches will be played in a 50-over format, but they will not carry ODI status. This means that the teams can field all 15 members of their squad in these matches, and experiment with different combinations and tactics. The matches will start at 2 PM IST (8:30 AM GMT) on each day.
Here is the full schedule of the warm-up matches:
Friday, September 29
- Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka at Barsapara Cricket Stadium, Guwahati
- South Africa vs Afghanistan at Greenfield International Stadium, Thiruvananthapuram
- New Zealand vs Pakistan at Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Hyderabad
Saturday, September 30
- India vs England at Barsapara Cricket Stadium, Guwahati
- Australia vs Netherlands at Greenfield International Stadium, Thiruvananthapuram
Monday, October 2
- England vs Bangladesh at Barsapara Cricket Stadium, Guwahati
- New Zealand vs South Africa at Greenfield International Stadium, Thiruvananthapuram
Tuesday, October 3
- Afghanistan vs Sri Lanka at Barsapara Cricket Stadium, Guwahati
- India vs Netherlands at Greenfield International Stadium, Thiruvananthapuram
- Pakistan vs Australia at Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Hyderabad
How to watch live on TV and online
The warm-up matches will be broadcast live on various TV channels and streaming platforms across different regions. Here are the details of how to watch them live in some of the major cricketing countries:
India: Star Sports network will telecast all the warm-up matches live on its TV channels. You can also watch them online on Disney+ Hotstar app and website for free.
Pakistan: PTV Sports and ARY Digital will show all the warm-up matches live on their TV channels. You can also stream them online on PTV Sports website and app.
Sri Lanka: Maharaja TV will broadcast all the warm-up matches live on its TV channel. You can also watch them online on Dialog TV Go app and website.
New Zealand: Sky Sport NZ will telecast all the warm-up matches live on its TV channel. You can also stream them online on Sky Sport Now app and website.
Australia: Fox Sports will show all the warm-up matches live on its TV channel and Kayo Sports streaming service. However, Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka and Afghanistan vs Sri Lanka matches will be available only on Kayo Sports.
England: Sky Sports will broadcast all the warm-up matches live on its TV channel and Sky Go app and website. However, South Africa vs Afghanistan, Australia vs Netherlands and Afghanistan vs Sri Lanka matches will not be shown on TV.
For other regions, you can check the official ICC website for more information.
What to expect from the warm-up matches
The warm-up matches will give us a glimpse of what to expect from the main tournament, which will begin on October 5 with the opening match between England and New Zealand at Ahmedabad. The warm-up matches will also help us assess the form and fitness of the players, as well as their adaptability to the Indian conditions.
Some of the key aspects to look out for in these matches are:
- The performance of the defending champions England, who have been drawn in a tough group with India, Australia and South Africa. They will face India and Bangladesh in their warm-up matches, which will test their batting and bowling skills against quality opposition.
- The performance of the hosts India, who are one of the favourites to win the trophy. They have a balanced and experienced squad, led by Virat Kohli. They will face England and Netherlands in their warm-up matches, which will give them an opportunity to fine-tune their combination and strategy.
- The performance of the newcomers Netherlands, who have qualified for their first World Cup after winning the ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015-17. They have a talented and spirited team, led by Pieter Seelaar. They will face Australia and India in their warm-up matches, which will be a great learning experience for them.
- The performance of the Asian teams, who have a good record in the World Cup, especially in the subcontinent. Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Afghanistan will face each other in their warm-up matches, which will be a good preparation for them. Pakistan, who have a history of being unpredictable, will face New Zealand and Australia in their warm-up matches, which will challenge their consistency and temperament.
- The performance of the other teams, who have the potential to cause upsets and surprises. New Zealand, South Africa and Australia are all strong contenders for the title, with some of the best players in the world. They will face each other and Pakistan in their warm-up matches, which will be a tough contest for them.
The warm-up matches of the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023 are not just practice games, but also a preview of the main event. They will provide us with a lot of entertainment and excitement, as well as some insights into the teams’ strengths and weaknesses. They will also help the teams to get ready for the biggest stage of cricket, where every match matters.
If you are a cricket lover, you should not miss these warm-up matches, as they will give you a taste of what is to come in the World Cup. You can watch them live on TV or online, depending on your region and preference. You can also follow the live updates and scores on the official ICC website and app.
We hope you enjoyed this article and found it useful and informative. If you did, please share it with your friends and family, and let us know your feedback in the comments section below. Also, stay tuned for more articles on the World Cup 2023, as we will bring you all the latest news and updates on this mega event. Thank you for reading!